Learn the fundamentals of free-motion quilting and learn to set a zipper as you make these quick and easy cases. You'll be amazed at how much you learn quilting just one block, and you'll finish a case in class!
- How to set up your machine for FMQ
- How to balance stitch tension for FMQ
- How to find YOUR perfect rhythm and speed
- A fool-proof technique to get a perfect stitch length every time
- Simple patterns that look great, even if you're a beginner
- Fundamental shapes that can build into any pattern
- An easy technique for setting a zipper
- Three different case shapes from one simple block
After quilting your block, make a case in your choice of shape. This project is perfect for using up orphan blocks or even re-purposing previously-quilted items. Use the cases in your purse, suitcase and studio for all kinds of small items from makeup to pencils to tablets. (And they make great gifts, too!)
Length: 1/2 day (3-4 hours)
Project: Quilted Case
Skill Level: All levels
Prerequisites: Know how to use a sewing machine
Fee: Click "Booking Information" below
Materials Fee: $30 for fabric kit (pattern, fabric, batting & zipper for one case) or $5 for pattern. Fees may be included in the cost of the class, or may be optional or in addition to the enrollment fee. Check with the venue. Includes class handout,, full pattern.
Click on the SUPPLIES & PREP INSTRUCTIONS button below for a materials list. This list is only for reference. Some events may include a fabric kit with the class, and may or may not provide a sewing machine. Check with the venue where you are taking the class to get the materials list specific to THAT event.