Learn the fundamentals of free-motion quilting and binding as you make this practical little tray. You'll be amazed at how much you learn in just one block, and you'll finish the tray in class!
In this fun and easy class you'll learn:
- How to set up your machine for FMQ
- How to balance stitch tension for FMQ
- How to find YOUR perfect rhythm and speed
- A fool-proof technique to get a perfect stitch length every time
- Simple patterns that look great, even if you're a beginner
- Fundamental shapes that can build into any pattern
- An easy technique for perfect binding
- Ribbon tray option
- Button tray option (including buttonholes)
The tray goes from flat to ready-to-use with just a quick tie or button at the corners, then stores flat when you're finished. It's perfect for using up orphan blocks or even re-purposing previously-quilted items. Use it in your studio, or for travel, picnics, RV's and other small spaces. Makes a great gift!
Thank you for our sample fabrics & buttons to:
Riley Blake Designs - Gingham Gardens (Floral & Pink Check) and Timberland (Moose)
StudioE Fabrics - Blooming Paisley
Just Another Button Company - Flower Buttons (Style 2363.S)