When you're ready to assemble your FMM30 quilt, the first step is to square up your blocks to 10" x 10" (or 10" x 11" if you want to squeeze the max out of your block). Then, cut them into pieces and reassemble them with joining strips to create your design. (I call the process "Quilt First, Piece After.")
The Free-Motion Mastery in a Month 10" x 11" Square-up Ruler is specially designed to:
- Square up your blocks to any size between 8"x 8" and 10" x 11"
- Perfectly center panel blocks and diagonals - holes at center points let you put a pin or mechanic pencil point through the ruler
- Cut the blocks into halves, thirds, quarters and various other shapes to create your design
- Cut the blocks into 1/4-square triangles
- Cut the joining strips to assemble the pieces
- Cut the binding to finish your quilt
It is designed to work equally well for left-handed or right-handed cutting.