The butterflies in this darling quilt will bring you the warmth of a summer breeze any time of year! And while you're making it, you'll breeze through the free-motion quilting, because the quilting patterns are included!
I had so much fun designing this quilt! I loved the wonderful 1930's reproduction butterfly panel that I found several years ago.* But it wasn't until I was halfway through quilting the individual blocks that I realized I could make more butterflies in the quilt by pairing up the corners. As you cut, flip and recombine the blocks you'll feel the excitement of watching the butterflies emerge! The butterflies can be a wonderful accent to other blocks as well -- think flowers, animals, toys, alphabets and more!
The pattern is designed to use Free-Motion Mastery in a Month practice blocks, but you can make it on your own just as well.
The pattern includes:
- Instructions to make the quilt from 16 pre-quilted blocks and borders strips (Instructions are coordinated with the lessons in Free-Motion Mastery in a Month, however the quilt can be made with or without FMM30.)
- Appliqué templates for butterflies
- Quilting designs for each individual block
- Step-by-step instructions for quilt-as-you-go assembly
- Instructions for pre-binding borders (Yes, you bind the borders before you attach them to the quilt -- you're gonna love this!!!!)
The finished size is 50" x 50" but you can easily expand is to any size, simply by adding more blocks!
This pattern is delivered by email as a PDF download when you complete your purchase. You can also access it via a download button in the purchase confirmation.
*Aunt Ella's Butterflies by Darlene Zimmerman for Robert Kaufman Fabrics.
I don't sell the panel, since it came out several years ago and is now discontinued, but this link will take you to a search page on Google listing stores online that might still have it. But don't worry if you can't find it -- the pattern contains templates for appliqué butterflies to make your own.
Are you a store owner interested in selling this pattern? Click here to log into your wholesale account.
UPDATES / CORRECTIONS: