The Free-Motion Mastery in a Month store presentation is a great way to introduce your customers to free-motion quilting and how this simple, step-by-step learning system for machine quilting can make it easy for them to learn. Participants will come away with an understanding of the process of free-motion quilting and the excitement of knowing that they CAN learn to do free-motion quilting -- in as little as a month! Hands-on exercises that they do during the presentation will already get them started.
This 1-1/2 hour demonstration is designed for people who want to learn or to improve their machine-quilting skills. Some topics covered are:
- What is free-motion quilting (FMQ)?
- How to set up a domestic sewing machine for free-motion quilting.
- Tools, sewing machine feet & accessories for FMQ
- How to quilt any design with just 6 Basic Shapes
- An explanation of the Free-Motion Mastery in a Month system, how it is different from other approaches, and why it works in just a month
- Show and tell of the Free-Motion Mastery in a Month Book and Tool Kit
- How to choose fabrics & batting for a Free-Motion Mastery in a Month quilt
- Hands-on exercises to start learning free-motion quilting during the event.
- Demonstration of how to join pre-quilted blocks (quilt-as-you-go) to make a quilt of any size
- Trunk show of quilts made with the Free-Motion Mastery in a Month system
- Q & A
The techniques and exercises presented are applicable to both domestic machines and longarm machines.
Information for Presenters:
Preparation for the Presentation:
Store materials provided: a handout for participants and a list of products that I will demonstrate. Please provide a whiteboard or a large sketch pad and markers for lecture, as well as a sewing machine for demonstration.
Please download and use the any photos above in your marketing by right clicking and "Save Image As".
Short description for your publicity:
Learn how the Free-Motion Mastery in a Month system can get you quilting comfortably and confidently in as little as 30 days. By doing a few simple daily exercises (both at the sewing machine and away from it) and quilting one block a day, you will earn to:
- Pre-train your hands anytime, anywhere, before you sew.
- Combine six basic shapes to quilt any pattern
- Join pre-quilted blocks to complete a quilt
This introduction to machine quilting will have you saying "I can do that!"
Length: 1 to 1-1/2 hours
Skill Level: Anyone who wants to learn or improve machine quilting skills
Fee: Click "Booking Information" below